- Door and frame are fully draught sealed.
- Seals supported by 12 perimeter catches.
- Sliding door catch operated from a single point.
- All hinge, catch and fixing geometry is located outside of the seal, providing no air leakage paths.
- Hinge detail hidden when door is locked.
- Hinge pivot is positioned to maximise opening.
- Innovative design of the hinge makes the door fully removable in seconds.
- Screws fix up into timbers, for fast and simple installation and optimum pressure on frame seal.
- Fully insulated door panel.
- Operated by hand via the key lock.
- Suitable for use with loft ladders.
The GL251 lockable drop down loft door is an innovative solution to the need for energy efficient loft space access for use in shared accommodation, offering a cost effective alternative to traditional means of access. The unobtrusive design coupled with sleek, contemporary styling makes the door an ideal match for modern decors. It is supplied with a key lock for additional security. The revolutionary design of the multi-point catch mechanism means that the GL251 door can maintain a more effective draught seal around the entire accessible opening, helping to meet the air leakage requirements of Part L of the Building Regulations and preventing the problem of moist warm air entering the roof space causing condensation and heat loss issues.